How to use an iso file without having DVD/CD

ISO images are files which are specific to be burnt using a DVD/CD burner
These include OS/major tools installation files like Visual studio

Ideally you need blank CD/DVD and a burner software to use these iso images to install the software. What if you donot have these tools?

MS Virtual CDROM is a tool that does precisely what a burner and mount does. It lets you assign a logical drive in your file system and then mounts the iso to that drive

You need to have the drive mounted until the full installation is completed.

The tool can be downloaded from http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Virtual-CDROM-Control-Panel-v-Download-16468.html

The readme file inside the tool has to be read before using the tool. Donot worry its list of 5 steps or so.

the tool is free :)

0 comments:

My Other blog

Welcome

Welcome reader, you are reading my blog that showcases positive news to cheer up.
In my other life, I love software architecture and design, I also focus on project management skills. My other blog, concentrates on technical and project management related articles and notes.
http://aslaxmi.blogspot.com